When the husband came home he announced that he had this absolutely rocking recipe in his mind and would be giving me the evening off kitchen duty. So I happily took on the photographer's duty and he donned the apron and I was surprised to see him work with such meticulous precision.
So here is my husband's recipe for Baked Lemon Salmon with Pan Seared Chilli Asparagus.
The Ingredients needed are:
- Salmon fillets de-boned - 2 fillets
- Chilli Infused Olive Oil/ Olive Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Chilli Flakes- 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Wine Vinegar- 1 tablespoon
- Lemon Slices - 4
- Spring onion greens- 1 tablespoon- finely chopped
- Rock Salt/ Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Asparagus - 6-7 in number
- Asian Greens- to garnish (Optional)
- Aluminium Foil Sheets - 2
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C for about 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile take a foil sheet and place the fillet in the center. Now rub salt over the fillet and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Next take half tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar and pour over the fillet evenly. Place two slices of lemon over the fillet and lastly sprinkle finely chopped spring onion greens.
- Now fold the foil to form an airtight parcel. Repeat the process with the other fillet.
- Keep the parcels in the preheated oven to bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Take a frying pan and add the chilli infused olive oil/ olive oil and let it heat. Next add the chilli flakes and salt and let it crackle. Then add the asparagus and stir fry them. Cover it with a lid for 2 minutes until they are al-dente.
- Open the baked salmon parcel and delicately lift the salmon off without bruising the skin. Serve over a bed of pan seared chilli asparagus and a side of Asian greens.
- Your Baked Lemon Salmon with Pan Seared Chilli Asparagus is now ready.
Food Styling and Photography- Sharvari P Mehan