Aah I wish I could head to one today ...however Spaghetti was playing on my mind. So I headed to my kitchen and whipped up- Basil, Garlic and Chilli Spaghetti with Portobello and Black Fungi Mushroom.
- 350 gms - Spaghetti - cooked as per packet instructions
- Fresh Basil - A handful-roughly 20 leaves
- Garlic pods - 4
- Birds eye chilli - 1 to 2
- Black Fungi Mushroom- 50 gms
- Portobello Mushroom- 50 gms - sliced
- Onion- 1 medium sized- finely chopped
- Cheddar Cheese - 50 gms
- Salt to taste
- Half cup Water/ vegetable stock
- Pepper powder - As per taste
- Olive Oil- 1.5 tablespoon
- Using a Mortar and Pestle grind the basil and garlic with birds eye chilli in a chunky paste.
- Next cook spaghetti as per packet instructions. You can use wholemeal/ gluten free spaghetti here. Once al dente strain and apply half tablespoon olive oil on the same.
- Then take a wok and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and once heated add the roughly pounded paste of the basil chilli and garlic.
- Once it is aromatic add finely chopped onion and stir fry till translucent.
- Add both the mushrooms and saute on high flame for a minute. Next add half cup water and let this simmer on medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
- The sauce by now should start to thicken , now add about 35 gms of cheddar cheese and mix well. The sauce should thicken further.
- Now add salt and pepper to taste. Finally add the cooked spaghetti and toss well. Let it heat through on low flame for a minute.
- Your Basil, Garlic and Chilli Spaghetti with Portobello and Black Fungi Mushroom is now ready .
Photography- Ankit Mehan and Sharvari P Mehan
You can also email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a fantastic week ahead.