Here is one such recipe from Aai's kitchen (Mum's Mum). It is a Cinnamon and Honey concoction.
If you want to read more about honey and its benefits click here
Ingredients for the Cinnamon-Honey Tea are :
- 5 cups water
- 2.5 teaspoons cinnamon powder (Ceylon cinnamon preferred)
- 5 teaspoons raw honey (unpasteurized to get all the benefits of raw honey)
- Saucepan and tea strainer
- Take a saucepan and add 5 cups of water to it. Keep it on medium flame.
- Then add the 2.5 teaspoons of cinnamon powder. Let it boil for about 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring to ensure the powder mixes well with the water.
- Now switch off the flame and keep it aside. Let it cool down from boiling hot to warm.
- Now add the 5 teaspoons of honey and mix.
- Your Cinnamon- Honey Tea is now ready.
- Strain half cup of the tea and have it first thing in the morning when you get up. Post that you can have your breakfast as usual.
- Strain half cup of the tea and have it last thing at night just before going to bed.
- After a month you will see a visible difference, you will feel toned and less bloated. Measuring tapes and weighing scales might just become your BFF.
- Note that this is here to aid your weight loss efforts. So continue exercising and eating well balanced meals along with sipping on this tea.
- You can make one cup tea every night and have half at night and the other half next morning. Here I have made 5 cups which should last the whole week. You should refrigerate the rest. Do not reheat again simply have it cold.