Today's recipe is my take on the Shakshuka with Spinach and Red Bell Pepper with loads of Hungarian Paprika.
- Eggs - 4 in number
- Diced Tomato can - 1
- Paprika - 2 teaspoon
- Chilli Infused Olive Oil/ Olive oil- 2 tablespoon
- Dried Basil - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander - A few Sprigs
- Red Bell Pepper- 1- finely chopped
- Baby Spinach - 250 gms
- Red chillies - 2- finely chopped
- Garlic Pods - 4 - finely chopped
- Onion - 1/2 - finely chopped
- Cumin Powder- 2 teaspoon
- Sugar -1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- You need a thick bottomed pan or a cast iron skillet so the eggs cook evenly. Keep the pan on medium heat and add the olive oil. I have used a chilli infused olive oil but you can use any oil here. Once it heats add the finely chopped garlic and onion and stir fry till it turns pink.
- Next add the red bell pepper and stir fry for 5-7 minutes till it is cooked. Then add finely chopped baby spinach leaves and let it wilt for about a minute. Next add salt, sugar and paprika and dried basil leaves and cumin powder and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add the diced tomato can and mix well and let it cook till sauce gets pulpy and starts leaving a bit of oil from the sides.
Your Shakshuka with Spinach and Red Bell Pepper with loads of Hungarian Paprika is now ready.
Serve this with crusty bread to scoop up the tomato and egg goodness.
Photography- Ankit Mehan
Have a fantastic weekend ahead.