The colour and flavour of this dish is equally appetizing to a kid as to an adult. This dish can be made vegan friendly by using soy-milk based cheese.
So here is a recipe for Spaghetti Vegognese. Feel free to substitute any pasta of your choice. I am making this gluten free and nut free however you can use wholemeal pasta.
- Gluten free Spaghetti/ wholemeal Spaghetti- 250- 300 gms
- Diced tomato can- 150 gms
- Garlic cloves- 2-3 finely grated
- White pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder- 1.5 teaspoon
- Red/Brown Onion- 1/2 grated finely
- Carrot- 1/2 boiled and mashed finely
- Peas- 50 gms boiled and mashed
- Parmigiana Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese- 150 gms
- Salt to taste
- Dried basil leaves- about 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil- 2.5 tablespoon
- Break the spaghetti into half to make it kid-friendly. Cook spaghetti to packet instructions till AL dente.
- Drain the spaghetti and rinse with cold water. This stops it from cooking further. Apply some olive oil to it and keep aside.
- Take a wok, add the olive oil and keep it on medium flame. Once the oil is heated add the grated garlic cloves and cook till fragrant.
- Then add the grated onion, cook it till it turns pinkish-brown. Add the diced tomato and stir till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the salt, white and black pepper powders and dried basil. Mix well.
- Then add the boiled carrot and peas. Mash it with the tomato mix.
- Once mashed keep mixing well so that the peas and carrots are not visible and the sauce thickens.
- Add the cheese to the sauce and let it melt. Add the spaghetti and toss to evenly coat the sauce with the spaghetti. Check for salt and pepper. Add some more cheese if needed.
- Super easy and super Yumm. Spaghetti Vegognese is ready to trick kids and adults into eating their veggies.
Always love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Thank you for following Mumbai to Melbourne.